Monday, April 20, 2015

Dessert Dreams

If there is one thing I love and need in this world, it is dessert. Okay, not really... but sort of. With so many wedding dessert options out there, the choices are endless and the decision is a big one! A classic cake has been a wedding tradition forever for a reason. They are elegant, able to be personalized, provide the opportunity for a cake cutting, and are a safe bet if you're trying to please the most people at your reception.
 
But what about the less traditional options? Cake pops, doughnut bars, homemade pies, candy counters. All equally amazing in style and taste so it's hard to go wrong, but how to choose?
 
Being that I am not yet married, I have not had to tackle this hurdle. I truly don't know what I will go with, other than at least a small cake for the cake-cutting. But while making this decision, I think I would take into account my wedding theme (Rustic? Pie is an obvious choice; Circus? Cotton candy!), my budget (a large, intricate cake for 200 guests vs. jars of various types of candy for 200 guests), and what would genuinely make my self and my husband-to-be the most happy at the end of the night (don't be afraid to choose more than one dessert!).
 
My 'Dessert' board on my Pinterest page is devoted to exploring these options. Here are some of my favorite, less traditional options:
 
 
Caramel Apple Bar?! Like, you've got to be kidding me. As long as your venue approves of an open flame (should be fine if you have other hot buffet food as well), this is perfection. Great for a fall/Halloween wedding or anything apple themed.
As seen on Bridal Guide
 
 
If you haven't heard of a Croquembuche before now, your life is about to change. It's a classic French dessert and is a tower of cream puffs held together by a sugar netting. It's delicious, unique, and makes a BIG statement!
 
 
Strawberry Shortcake Skewers. Fresh, light, delicious. Need I say more?
As seen on Weddington Way
 
 
S'mores packets. This is playful and a for sure crowd pleaser. No one has bad memories of sitting around a fire pit making s'mores, and this adds a fun activity for your guests at the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment